Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 03:42 AM
Amber Sanchez-Meza
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost license

Originally Posted by Bob_Ierardi
Great sketch! Thanks! My wife has 3 credit card stuck in the Super Console. Is there a trick to releasing the clips without breaking them or scaring the console? How would you suggest releasing the clips prior to lifting the top of the super console? Should I use a particular tool or does the top just pull off? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I found this on a Chrysler forum .... There is a way to remove the top of the super console instead of removing the whole console. There is a seam that follows along on each side of the console that meets up in the rear of the super console right above the drawer. I was able to pry (lack of a better term) lightly enough to where the clips popped loose. I carefully worked my hands along the seems forward toward the front while gently lifting from from the rear. Once I worked it all the way forward there are 2 clips that are a little stubborn so I used a plastic knife to pop them loose. Be carefull as there are wires that are attached.

I can confirm Bluedragn69_98's Method, My Wife lost her Debit Card the same way as OP. The Dodge Dealer wanted $900 to pull it apart. All I did was Pull out the Drawer, reach under and pull up firm but not hard and the entire top of the console came up, very easily actually. Found $0.45 and our Debit Card. No issues with re-installation, made sure wires did not get pinched. Started with Dash side and just snapped them back down.

Total Time ~10 Minutes, 5 of which I stared at it prior to trying any dismantling.
I also lost my license the same way. I removed the top console off, however did not see my license. Any ideas to where else it could have went?

Old 09-03-2019, 08:14 PM
leesa Stephens
Smile lost credit card

Thank you for posting the diagram worked perfect

Old 10-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Deb Covey Morley
Thumbs up Lost credit card

I know this is an old forum, but it just saved me a huge headache. Card went further under the dashboard, but was retrievable! THANKS SO MUCH!

Old 01-16-2020, 02:43 PM
realjenn
Default Thank you so much

I just found 2 lost credit cards (one was a work card that I knew fell into the abyss and the other personal one I thought I lost in my house lol) following these instructions. Literally took one minute. Thank you thank you thank you

Yes! This evening I was able to retrieve credit cards that slipped behind our Caravan's Super Console. Took all of 2 minutes. Pull out / extend rear access drawer so you can get your hand on the rear end of the Super Consoles' top. I pulled straight upward with a firm upward movement. The top easily disengaged. The front was still attached to the front console by two 1/2" wide clips at the front of the consoles' top. I had to then push the front end down while carefully raising the top until the top fully disengaged. There is an electrical cable at the front of the top. The electrical cord was long enough that I didn't need to disconnect it in order to move the top out of the way. You have full access after the top is removed! Reassembly was a snap! Realign the front end and clips into the dash/console, then snap the rear downward. Push in the rear drawer. Done deal!

Old 01-16-2020, 02:47 PM
realjenn
Default Thank you so much

I just found 2 lost credit cards (one was a work card that I knew fell into the abyss and the other personal one I thought I lost in my house lol) following these instructions. Literally took one minute. Thank you thank you thank you. You will have to tech to the back once you’ve removed the top to feel for the card...

Yes! This evening I was able to retrieve credit cards that slipped behind our Caravan's Super Console. Took all of 2 minutes. Pull out / extend rear access drawer so you can get your hand on the rear end of the Super Consoles' top. I pulled straight upward with a firm upward movement. The top easily disengaged. The front was still attached to the front console by two 1/2" wide clips at the front of the consoles' top. I had to then push the front end down while carefully raising the top until the top fully disengaged. There is an electrical cable at the front of the top. The electrical cord was long enough that I didn't need to disconnect it in order to move the top out of the way. You have full access after the top is removed! Reassembly was a snap! Realign the front end and clips into the dash/console, then snap the rear downward. Push in the rear drawer. Done deal!

Quick Reply: Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!