Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remove pulleys while in van??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 PM
scotter5
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove pulleys while in van??

Can U pull alternator pulley while still in van?
06--3.8--caravan

Thinking about removing pulley on alternator while still on van. . Still don't know if that is why my engine sounds like a diesel. NO malfunctions exist. If i do decide to do it, i would like to pull if off while still in van? I wish there is away i could isolate if the sound is coming from the alternator. I tried to listen with hose and sound appears in 3 places.

Have you ever pulled the pulley off the a/c compressor while still in van? Maybe I will pull the bearing out of pulley and replace and see if that gets rid of diesel sound?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

not what you have but some have just a bearing with a screw thru middle. theres another u need a special tool to remove it. it has a special feature like a clutch of sorts and clutch does also make noise. damm caint think of name right now.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Is the pulley called "decoupler"? I wish I knew for certain if it were alternator pulley or a/c pulley. Removing the belt gives me a perfect purring engine.

Quick Reply: Remove pulleys while in van??