Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2012 grand caravan sxt usb / radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
bullheadpond
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 grand caravan sxt usb / radio

IS there some trick to getting the usb port in the glove box to play your mp3 player through the radio? i don't have the radio with the video screen. I have the one with the button .no the lowest end bu the one in between with u connect.. I plug in the usb to my mp3 player and hit the aux . button but it doesn't work. the mp3 display says its connected bu the radio doesn't respond. IS the usb port only for charging items? The good for nothing manual says it should work but they are so vague now that you don't get much info from the manuals anymore. Thinnest manual i ever got with ta new car.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
UN4GTBL

What mp3 player?

The usb plug in there will probably only charge most things other than an ipod. You can plug in a sub thumbdrive in there and have it work.

Also, you need to select the "UCI" input on the radio to get to that input.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
cheeseeater
Default USB not for MP3 Player

The USB connector in the glove box is NOT for direct connection of an external MP3 player, rather it is for a thumb drive or a USB hard drive that does not require an external power supply. The USB port will provide power to the hard drive or you can use the USB port as a charger for your phone or whatever uses a USB charger.

Connect your MP3 player to the front AUX jack with a 3.5 mm stereo connector.

Quick Reply: 2012 grand caravan sxt usb / radio