Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Grand Caravan Crew upgrade questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:38 AM
rodjess532
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clsmith
I too just purchased a 2011 Grand Caravan Crew. Uconnect is disabled. How can I enable it?
You cant enable it. You have to purchase the kit. I have seen them on ebay for $200-300. Not really worth the money just for bluetooth handsfree. There are cheaper alternatives.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
rodjess532

Originally Posted by Calab
Can you test the "three lock" startup without one of these modules?

Put one key in the ignition and then use a second key to press lock 3 times, or hold the key near the ignition and press lock 3 times, etc..
No this will not work. The bypass module senses the lock button being pressed 3 times then activates the remote start.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:17 AM
LR Bob

Originally Posted by rodjess532
I saw this on another forum and looked into it further and tried it myself on our 2011 Grand Caravan and it works great. This is "plug and play" with the t-harness that plugs directly into the ignition switch. I have been installing remote starts for years and this is the easiest one I have ever done. It took me less than 10 minutes to install and cost less than $100. There is also a video on youtube about this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BgspwmA4Vc
While driving the van the other day I tried to imagine how to gain access to the back of the ignition switch. Could you please shed some light on this situation as I haven't found an easy way to take off any of the panels. I'm sure it's simple, but you would definitely be saving me a lot of time! Thanks for your help!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
rodjess532

Originally Posted by LR Bob
While driving the van the other day I tried to imagine how to gain access to the back of the ignition switch. Could you please shed some light on this situation as I haven't found an easy way to take off any of the panels. I'm sure it's simple, but you would definitely be saving me a lot of time! Thanks for your help!
I have a 2011 all I had to do was first take off the side panel use a flat head screwdriver to pry it off. Under that is a push clip use screwdriver and pry out the center of the clip then pull it out. Under the driver knee panel is 2 more push clips use screwdriver to pry out the center and pull them out. Use screwdriver to push out the obd2 connector and hood release. Knee panel just pulls off then and you have access to ignition switch. Its hard to see but put your hand behind ignition switch and you will feel connector. Push side lock on connector and pull straight out. I know it sounds like alot but believe me its really easy to get to it. I did all of this and programmed module in about 10 min.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 AM
LR Bob

Originally Posted by rodjess532
I have a 2011 all I had to do was first take off the side panel use a flat head screwdriver to pry it off. Under that is a push clip use screwdriver and pry out the center of the clip then pull it out. Under the driver knee panel is 2 more push clips use screwdriver to pry out the center and pull them out. Use screwdriver to push out the obd2 connector and hood release. Knee panel just pulls off then and you have access to ignition switch. Its hard to see but put your hand behind ignition switch and you will feel connector. Push side lock on connector and pull straight out. I know it sounds like alot but believe me its really easy to get to it. I did all of this and programmed module in about 10 min.
Thanks again! Seems like it should be a breeze. I received the "brain" from eBay on Saturday and the harness just shipped out yesterday from Amazon. I should be getting it Thursday. I think I'll be able to get it done this weekend as long as the weather cooperates. I'll keep everyone posted!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
RugerRedhawk
Rookie

Thanks again! Seems like it should be a breeze. I received the "brain" from eBay on Saturday and the harness just shipped out yesterday from Amazon. I should be getting it Thursday. I think I'll be able to get it done this weekend as long as the weather cooperates. I'll keep everyone posted!
I'll update here also. I actually got my harness from amazon yesterday, I think the module from eBay should be here today.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:49 AM
LR Bob

Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk
I'll update here also. I actually got my harness from amazon yesterday, I think the module from eBay should be here today.
I wonder how Amazon does their shipping. Sometimes I'll order an item and receive it in a few days. Later on, I'll order the same item and it won't ship for a week. Granted, there are 'out of stock' situations, but then something happens like this harness situation...makes you scratch your head.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
RugerRedhawk
Rookie

I wonder how Amazon does their shipping. Sometimes I'll order an item and receive it in a few days. Later on, I'll order the same item and it won't ship for a week. Granted, there are 'out of stock' situations, but then something happens like this harness situation...makes you scratch your head.
Yeah, I'm on a free trial of prime right now so I get two day shipping for free. Haven't had a chance to get it installed yet though, maybe this weekend.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 AM
LR Bob

Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk
Yeah, I'm on a free trial of prime right now so I get two day shipping for free. Haven't had a chance to get it installed yet though, maybe this weekend.
Gotcha. I received the harness yesterday and went to put it in. I wish I had good news to report, but it looks like the item bought on eBay was flashed to the wrong program. I called the iDataLink support line and the guy who helped me was able to look up which program was flashed on my module based on the serial number. According to him, the program that is loaded now is for use with an aftermarket system (Viper, etc) and not the factory key fob. When I contacted the eBay seller they said it should be correct but would be happy to reprogram it for me if that's what I want. I'm going to call and verify all this information with iDataLink today just to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on this. The actual install was pretty simple though, so once it's all squared away it won't take long at all to get finalized.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 AM
rodjess532

Gotcha. I received the harness yesterday and went to put it in. I wish I had good news to report, but it looks like the item bought on eBay was flashed to the wrong program. I called the iDataLink support line and the guy who helped me was able to look up which program was flashed on my module based on the serial number. According to him, the program that is loaded now is for use with an aftermarket system (Viper, etc) and not the factory key fob. When I contacted the eBay seller they said it should be correct but would be happy to reprogram it for me if that's what I want. I'm going to call and verify all this information with iDataLink today just to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on this. The actual install was pretty simple though, so once it's all squared away it won't take long at all to get finalized.
Yes the flash is very important. I used the xpresskit and it has to be flashed with the output "RFTD" in the flash options. I actually bought the flash tool so I could do it myself and do others.

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Caravan Crew upgrade questions...