Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 dodge caravan sport 3.3l help !

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 AM
nikki1978
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dodge caravan sport 3.3l help !

hi thanks for looking ok here is my story - i bout this van used about 2 weeks ago when i was looking at it i did not see any leaks but it did need rotors and it sometimes dont start right away , i took it to have a oil change and had them check it over ,well they said there was a leak but couldnt tell from where . noticed the leak was worse after that oil change and check up and while i was on my way home it acted weird well needless to say it was done at walmart so they did nothing wrong (ok whatever) but anyway i took it into midas today and they said on my paper that there is a coolant leak from the following - rear head gasket , front timing cover and pump , possibly radiator but they werent sure , valve cover is leaking small amount of oil . ok so here is the thing there is no check lights on , car runs good , heated up once but didnt over heat but the fill thing was almost empty so , no smoke coming out , air and heat work , doesnt pour out heavy but jus small drops , noticed lately when i have drove it its not leaking while driving , im just wondering before i have to suck it up and pay out big 1250 dollars that is if this sounds like what they say ? its also very dirty under there so hard to see what is what , oh and there is 130,000 miles , looks as though its leaking under engine area , its hard to tell where its dripping on gorund but its toward the front part of car . hope i got everything in there cuz im lost at what to do im jus a girl who knows very lil bout cars except what i read on here . thanks so much , oh forgot when oil was changed they did a fluid flush ?? and it was not leaking before that .

Last edited by nikki1978; 04-14-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:26 PM
nikki1978
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone?

any ideas ?

Old 04-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone is going to have to use a coolant system pressure tester to nail down exactly where the coolant leak is coming from before any decisions can be made. If you have a friend who is automotive savvy he or she can sign one out on loan from AutoZone or the like. In the mean time keep that "fill thing" (coolant overflow reservoir bottle) filled to the MAX mark with a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water. Letting it go empty is a recipe for an engine replacement. Change the valve cover gasket to cure the oil leak and check your oil dipstick regularly.

Last edited by Cougar41; 04-14-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 dodge caravan sport 3.3l help !