Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power sliding doors don't work with handle - 2010 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 PM
argy1182
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power sliding doors don't work with handle - 2010 Caravan

Hey everybody. I bought a 2010 Grand Caravan with power sliding doors and haven't had a problem in the 4 months we've owned it.

Today, we noticed that neither sliding door will open when we pull the handle as normal. When we use the remote or overhead buttons, the doors work fine. Also, the small button near the sliding doors do not activate the door.

I looked through the manual, searched these forums, and tried the disconnecting the battery method to no avail. Also, it's not the child safety switches on the back of the rear doors. I checked those as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm guessing it's something small and silly that I'm missing.

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Power Sliding Side Door Master Lock Switch

To provide a safer environment for small children riding in the rear seats, the second row sliding door switches and handles may be overridden by pressing the ON side of the Master Lock Out Switch located in the front overhead console.
When the power sliding door master lock switch is in the ON position, the power sliding side door may not be opened or closed by pressing the switch located on the trim panel just in front of the sliding door or activating the inside power sliding door handle.

Overhead Console Power Sliding Door Master Switch
1 — Left Door 3 — Right Door 2 — Liftgate 4 — Master Lock

Check this switch, it turns off those switches

Old 04-24-2012, 12:07 AM
argy1182
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
Power Sliding Side Door Master Lock Switch

To provide a safer environment for small children riding in the rear seats, the second row sliding door switches and handles may be overridden by pressing the ON side of the Master Lock Out Switch located in the front overhead console.
When the power sliding door master lock switch is in the ON position, the power sliding side door may not be opened or closed by pressing the switch located on the trim panel just in front of the sliding door or activating the inside power sliding door handle.

Overhead Console Power Sliding Door Master Switch
1 — Left Door 3 — Right Door 2 — Liftgate 4 — Master Lock

Check this switch, it turns off those switches
Thanks a lot. That was a perfect answer to my idiotic question. You rock!

Quick Reply: Power sliding doors don't work with handle - 2010 Caravan