Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Jammed hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
britgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammed hood

I have a 94 dodge caravan SE. It has a lot of miles on, and several problems but it is my lifesaver and still chugs on. yesterday someone unknown to me must have reversed into the front of the van and just took off. As I was driving home the temperature guage went up. When I pulled up outside the house I left the engine running and hopped out to open the hood. The temp. guage went back to normal at this point, but when I went to open the hood the handle snapped and now does not work. Of course when I got out of the van to look I saw the problem. Someone had hit my van. The front bumper was cracked, license plate all bent in and the plastic grill all cracked. I pulled off the grill and the radiator I can see is slightly bent in and there is a metal tube that runs up the radiator to the cap that has been dented too. Does anyone have any ideas how I can open the hood so I can see how much damage has actually been done. I am really stuck without this van and just do not have money for costly repairs at this time any suggestions would be appreciated.
Lesley

Old 08-28-2005, 12:45 AM
hemipower1984
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jammed hood

which handle broke the one to release hood or on the latch it self. if it was release to pop hood then put some vise grips on the end of the cable if it is the handle itself then use a long but narrow flat head screw driver to get in there and move the latch over to open the hood.

Quick Reply: Jammed hood