Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1995 Dodge Caravan - Safe Mode?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Farfollow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Dodge Caravan - Safe Mode?

Trying to figure out why my van shifts into safe mode every time I turn it on.

When I first turn it on, everything seems fine, but a minute or two later, it shifts into "Safe Mode" and won't shift past 2nd gear. When it changes into this mode, it feels like a pull back as if you're driving with the parking brake on. Even if I put it into the 3rd gear shift it does nothing.

When I took it in, the transmission guy said to change out the computer because the first time he pulled the code, it said everything was wrong with it, but the second time he pulled the code, it said nothing was wrong with it.

Since then I've replaced the computer twice, all the fuses, the transmission relay, the in-put/out-put sensors, and the transmission oil/filter without any results.

Before the van was bought two years ago, a new transmission was put into it, so I'm hoping that the thing hasn't had a fluke and gone bad. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 1995 Dodge Caravan - Safe Mode?