Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

95 Caravan rear door won't lock, illumination inside is gone also.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Tuner FC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Caravan rear door won't lock, illumination inside is gone also.

I need help this is my wifes van, and the rear door will not lock down no matter what I do.

I can give you some background on this. 3 days ago, the rear washer motor was running all the time would not stop. I pulled the fuse and it stopped, within 12 hours I had no more running lights, no more inside lights, no locking rear door, and no guage lights. I checked all fuses and found none blown. I don't see how this can be no blown fuses, but no lights and other things are not working. I have had no issues in this area, untill I replaced the radio and found it was blowing my illumination fuze, but that is not happening and has not happened for many months now.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:55 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Do you know if the recalls have been done for the rear liftgate?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Tuner FC

I had no idea, if any works was done, as I got the van in 2011, no records. Is threr a place to look up old TSB or recalls. How to see if it been changed? I have a buddy that works for Suncoast Dodge, and maybe he would help me out.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

He could do a VIP report and find out the history of all recall repairs. Or i can do it too. I would just need the last 9 of the vin and mileage. Put only send it to me as a pm, not on the open forum.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Tuner FC

so it turned out all recalls were done. I still have no locking rear gate, and inside lights are gone and no guage lights and no radio. I did find the brakes fuse was blown. I replaced it and those lights work now. still nothing inside. I pulled the connector for the washer pump, and now thats stopped..lol,.. what could this be, I already replaced the light switch in the dash board no change

Quick Reply: 95 Caravan rear door won't lock, illumination inside is gone also.