Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2006 sxt 3.8

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Ole Goat
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 sxt 3.8

I know I posted on here earlier today, but have taken a second thought. I have the opportunity to buy a 2006 SXT with the 3.8, with 109,000 Kms not miles, works out to around 65,400 miles.

The car is spotless, and well taken care of with a few small issues I hope. The front lower valance is cracked between the Fog Lamps, the Van has Traction Lock, no DVD which I don't really need, but most of all else with exception to no all wheel drive which I wouldn't miss anyway.

On the one issue which concerns me. I was sitting with the Van at Idle then went to put it into reverse and felt a clunking noise, like it was comming from the right front wheel. I had my wife put her hand on the wheel and repeated this same nuetral to reverse and she said it definitly came from that right front wheel.

Anyone know what this could be?

One other issue is the Emmission test claims or reads that the engine is a 3.3, when in fact the plenumn cover has 3.8 on it.

Can you tell by the V.I.N. which is correct? 2D4GP44LX6RT******

Would appreciate an answer if someone has the info, thank you in advance.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

If you pm me the last 9 of the vin, i'll be able to tell you.

Quick Reply: 2006 sxt 3.8