Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2004 Caravan ABS Module

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Session9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Caravan ABS Module

Hi Guy's,
I have an interesting problem with the ABS Module. At the moment, I have 2 errors - Left front sensor and Right rear sensor. The ABS light goes off from time to time but is on more often than not.
I changed all 4 sensors around 18 months ago and had no problem resetting the codes at that time.
Now when I try to reset the codes to see if they come back, I get an error "Module busy".
I've tried several times to reset with no luck. This morning I disconnected the right rear sensor and got a new (correct) error that there was a circuit error. Good. Module seems to be working. I reconnected the sensor and of course I now have 3 errors that I cannot delete because of the Module Busy error.

I intend to replace the 2 reportedly faulty sensors this evening, but I am wondering what I can do about the Module Busy error. Has anyone seen this error from the ABS Module before and if so what did you do to get around it?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:15 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont think the problem is with the ABS module, is more likely the Scanner you are using. Try different scanner if you could find one.
regarding the code keeps on returning, does you scanner shows Data? read all speed sensor, see if they r Completely dead.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Session9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steak59!
It is an Actron Scanner. I don't recall a specific option to read each sensor. I'll replace the sensors as planned and have a dealer do a reset.

Quick Reply: 2004 Caravan ABS Module