Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Grand Caravan 2011 engine vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasper666
I've noticed the same vibration since new on my 2011. The dealer said to wait for it to break in and after 8000km it is the same. It also clunks like hell sometimes after starting and putting into gear.

I think it's just unrefined Dodge designs.

J
Just to let you know since you have the same engine vibration as mine...

I finally had a check engine yesterday and left the van to the dealer today with bad news.

They have to replace the front engine head and the parts are back order for inderterminate period, now i need my van to pull my boat next week for the vacation....!!! but my Grand caravan won't be ready....GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 AM
jcwmax777@gmail.com
Default I have had the same engine idle vibration since i bought it brand new

I have been to the dealer about 5 times for this problem. They keep telling me that "Thats just the way the van runs"!!!??? I cant stand the vibration. Even the passengers in the back can feel the slight shutter.

Dodge refuses to help us.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM
coolbird101

This is one of the reasons we already got rid of our 2011, we were told the vibration is because the engine is sitting sideways, lol. All these issues are considered normal by Chrysler. I notice on some other threads here, Chrysler reps makes comments but only when people say something positive, where are these reps for the people having issues. I think they know exactly whats wrong with your van, but with no check engine light that gives them an out and hopefully when the light does come on, you will be out of warranty and they can charge you for that faulty head. We are SO glad to have gotten that roach out of our driveway.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Amateur

Originally Posted by jcwmax777@gmail.com
I have been to the dealer about 5 times for this problem. They keep telling me that "Thats just the way the van runs"!!!??? I cant stand the vibration. Even the passengers in the back can feel the slight shutter.

Dodge refuses to help us.
In my personal case the vibration was cause by misfire on cylinder # 5 and # 6. I guess you can have an independent inspection for a compression test by any AAA inspection center

You have to wait for the check engine and Dodge will replace the engine heads under warranty (make sure they replace both heads) The engine must have a 25% difference between cylinder compression for this replacement...

You will have less vibrations when the heads will be replace. They did replace one head on mine and i have less vibration but i have to wait for another check engine before they replace the other engine head.

I have doubt on the reliability of the Pentastar but I'm lucky that i kept my old 2003 VW as a spare car. The worst part is the Grand Caravan with a Pentastar is exactly what i need as a daily and i would buy another one but without the problem that come with a Pentastar...

I can't also imagine what would be the van resale value with a Pentastar 2011 with the old engine head

Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM
MDJR
Amateur

This is why we decided to buy the lifetime warranty from a WI dealer online. Would be too much of a loss to sell it so now we are just going to be the dealers biggest PITA for at least the next ten years.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 AM
LMPED

Thanks for all those details ...but SO sorry to hear about all of this as this is the replacement car I'm looking for...there is no other car with these facilities within a comparable decent budget and each time I have rented one I've been elated with its confort: dual heater/a/c, able to walk to the rear from the front seat without a cumbersome console, stow-away rear seats, LOTS of cubic feet..........etc..... : will keep running my '93 3.8 Transport for a little while........I can wait and see ....

Quick Reply: Grand Caravan 2011 engine vibration