Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Crew Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
CrewFamilyZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Crew Questions

Hi all just bought a used 2011 Grand Caravan Crew. It is the Flex Fuel model (not sure if they all are). It has what I believe is a 430 Media center. When you start the car the radio displays Dodge Uconnect. when you press the phone or voice activation buttons it displays No uconnect phone available. I think this means no uconnect is installed, but if this is the case why does it say Uconnect on startup?

Also the headrests are in the way of my kids seeing our portable DVD (kind that hangs on a headrest) since the 430 has a built in DVD player (which only displays on the screen in park) what are my options for adding a rear roof mount? Our Crew does have the roof mounted storage bins (4 or 5 of them) with the Halo lights? Is there a factory or aftermarket that I can install and feed from the 430?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if it helps only have the 1 USB on the 430 and have a 110V outlet but no audio/video by the rear drivers side sliding door.

Thanks again.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

I don't believe there is a factory set for the rear dvd players. Because the wiring is not there to have them installed. I would ask Tizzy1 about this. He may have a better answer.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
silverfun
Default Uconnect

Originally Posted by CrewFamilyZ
Hi all just bought a used 2011 Grand Caravan Crew. It is the Flex Fuel model (not sure if they all are). It has what I believe is a 430 Media center. When you start the car the radio displays Dodge Uconnect. when you press the phone or voice activation buttons it displays No uconnect phone available. I think this means no uconnect is installed, but if this is the case why does it say Uconnect on startup?
Since it states Uconnect and you have the buttons then you have the bluetooth installed. You need to pair your phone with the Uconnect in the van. I have an Iphone 4 that i paired with. I think you can have up to 7 paired to it. On the iPhone is lists the bluetooth device as Uconnect.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 AM
CrewFamilyZ

Silverfun,

Thats what i would have thought too. Dodge's Grand Caravan app says that if you push the button and it vives the "UConnect phone not available" message then your radio does not have Uconnect. This is what happens on mine. Dumb thing is why put the logo and the buttons if the ceature is not there? Guess its just cheaper for them to do it that way. Then only install a module if they want to add it.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
JShrigley

I have a 2011 Grand Caravan as well and my Uconnect says the same thing if there are no phones that are paired to the system availible. Once you go through the process to pair the phone the prompt changes to Uconnect phone ready.

Quick Reply: 2011 Crew Questions