Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Caravan will not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM
bcrisp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Caravan will not start

HELP!!! I cannot seem to figure out why my Caravan died on me. While driving i started hearing some noises like it was running rough and then the oil light came on and it died shortly after. When we tried to start it, it would try to turn over but not start. We checked the plugs and they were covered in oil. We used carb cleaner and soaked up what was remaining and then put new plugs in and havent seen any oil in there since. We were able to get it to start by pumping the gas repeatedly but it died out shortly after. The timing belt is intact, we are getting spark and fuel (checked fuel pressure and replaced the filter... pump seems to be working fine too.) We are thinking some kind of sensor possibly but at this point we cannot narrow it down. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spark, fuel or compression are missing. You say you're getting the first two. How about #3? All that oil could indicate a cracked head/block, or a simple PCV valve.

Last edited by Cougar41; 06-28-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
dsolorio
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were ALL the plugs covered in oil? If yes, I would imagine oil came up through your intake system. PCV valve good?

Quick Reply: 2002 Caravan will not start