Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

92 T&C Wipers on the fritz

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 PM
quattj
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 T&C Wipers on the fritz

1992 Town and Country, 2WD Automatic 3.3L.

Any suggestions for what to check with some wacky wipers?

They worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now, they will occasionally wipe when I turn them off. It's a delayed wipe, so they are not full on. The speed varies from one day to the next. When it first happened they did the slowest delay. A few days ago they were up near the fastest delay. If I actually put them on delay they work as they should.

If I pull the wiper fuse out, I can hear the wiper delay relay still kicking in trying to wipe the window.

Then the next day, all will appear to be well with no acting up...

Old 06-30-2012, 03:22 PM
quattj
Professional

As an interesting addendum, I was parked last night with my engine off, but accessories/lights on. The dash dimmer lever was all the way on dim. When I slid it toward bright, once it hit a certain brightness, the wipers wiped. I tired again, dimming and then undimming the dash, and it wiped again. Today, it doesn't do it.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
quattj
Professional

Still trying to sort this out.

It rained a little today while I was at work. On my way home I had to pull the fuse because the wipers wouldn't stop delay-wiping. The clicking of the delay continued all 30 miles home, and even when I parked and turned off the van. With headlights on, it clicked like mad. With them off it would stop.

Figured out the clicking is in the body control module. Plucked that out and no more wiper issue, but also no more whatever else it controls, like my gauges and dashboard dimming.

Would a problem with the BCM cause this? I saw in another post there's probably no actual wiper relay, only the wiper fuse and the BCM. I'm stuck for knowing what else to check, and it is getting quite annoying (but possibly only when it rains)

Quick Reply: 92 T&C Wipers on the fritz