Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

blower motor resistor suggestions and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
dodge15QQ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor resistor suggestions and pictures

First, new member, thanks for the board, great resource. Recently I used the forum to diagnose and replace the blower motor resistor in my 98 caravan. I found great pictures and suggestions. So, I thought I would post a few pictures to help others in the future. This really is a job that shouldn't take more than a few minutes if the connector isn't damaged. The pictures below show two different new resistors. The one of the left is an aftermarket part while the one of the right is from dodge. Notice a few things, 1) the aftermarket part has no foam gasket 2) the black plug connector is longer on the aftermarket piece 3) the spade connectors are NOT sealed on the aftermarket piece. Lesson, for about 2 dollars more the dodge part is far superior (14 dollars vs 16 dollars). This is one case where OEM is much better and not really any more expensive.

Attached Thumbnails blower motor resistor suggestions and pictures-resistor-1.jpg   blower motor resistor suggestions and pictures-resistor-2.jpg  

Last edited by dodge15QQ; 07-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: blower motor resistor suggestions and pictures