Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Can the 2002 Grand Caravan Sport "limp mode" and starting issues be Connected?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 PM
cdnjan
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can the 2002 Grand Caravan Sport "limp mode" and starting issues be Connected?

Any input is appreciated.
The van has been going into limp mode frequently last few weeks (NOT every time though) Tranny selector light area stayed on twice. First time D only. Next time complete area.
After reading everything here I am crossing fingers it is only the solenoid pack or maybe even the wire connecting that.

Bigger question is > Is there anyway this could cause starting problems as well?
This also started within the last few weeks. Originally I thought I had battery problems as a boost would get her going. But on the weekend the boost did not work. Purchased a new battery (as I had been told battery was dying) put it in and still no start. Got it towed to the garage. New starter was put in 1.5 years ago at this same garage. (unsure yet if its still under warranty) Certainly it should last longer than 2 years and not many miles?
Being a gal I appreciate all input so I have a little knowledge from you pro's before I speak to them to prevent the possibilty of being ripped off (ex. you need a new tranny etc.
Unfortunately the codes are lost by the replacement of the battery.
Thanks in advance
Jan

Quick Reply: Can the 2002 Grand Caravan Sport "limp mode" and starting issues be Connected?