Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

94 Caravan Dash Guages Don't Work

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 AM
cag40oz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Caravan Dash Guages Don't Work

My grandma just gave me her old 94 Caravan. It runs good, all except none of the gauges work and a knocking sound when turning left comming from the rear end of the van. I've checked the fuses they all seems good. Radio works, Interior dimmers work, chime sound works, head lights and runners work. No temp, fuel, speed, or milage gauges are working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
clonebaby1956

The gages on my 1999 Caravan SE died also. It is due to bad solders on the instrument panel's circuit board. I took it out, removed the board, and fount a bad solder on the lower right behind from where it connects. It is now working perfectly, and I save $$$$$$$. There is a very good video on youtube which explains this problem's solution, step by step. GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-11-2012, 07:51 PM
clonebaby1956

I am quite disgusted with the kind of inferior engineering that went into my 1999 Carvan SE, and the many issues it has due to it.
NO MORE Chrysler products for me!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 AM
cag40oz
Default Bad Solder On 1st Generation Caravan

I thought I read in some posts that the solders only were being found bad on the 2nd Generation Caravan which I believe is from 96 up. I didn't see anyone stating they had that issue with the 1st generatoin caravan. But nonetheless, I am going to try and check it out.

If a tech reads this, I guess my next question would be if I take the board out of the dash, will my vehicle still operate they way it is now? I don't have a solder gun nor much expeience soldering. So i will most likely take it to someone else to fix for me (if thats the issue).

Quick Reply: 94 Caravan Dash Guages Don't Work