Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake Fuse Blows - Wits End!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
mrstrain14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure what else to suggest, if you have taken everything apart and the shifter cable is definitely not trapping any wires then i'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest, the limit of my technical ability has been reached i'm sorry to say! I ended up having to take mine to Dodge.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Steve45ca

Does anyone know if the individual modules can be tested for shorts? IE: FCM, TCM? Someone asked me the other day if I took the IPM apart to check inside. Is this possible? I checked the connections and they were all good on the outside but it got me thinking about the inside.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve45ca
Does anyone know if the individual modules can be tested for shorts? IE: FCM, TCM? Someone asked me the other day if I took the IPM apart to check inside. Is this possible? I checked the connections and they were all good on the outside but it got me thinking about the inside.
Test modules? I'm sure you can but without an internal circuit diagram and maybe an o scope it's tough. Disassemble the IPM? I have read you can. For most though all we can do is look for anything amiss like burn marks, cracked solder joints or corrosion.

Last edited by Cougar41; 09-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Steve45ca

after several hours checking the wiring diagrams... i narrowed it down to the front control module. replaced it and the fuse hasn't blown yet..... thank god....

Quick Reply: Brake Fuse Blows - Wits End!!