Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Dodge Caravan Key Fob STUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nortel_michel
Key come out but I want to get it fix....Is there an adjustment...?
No adjustment, I think you will need a shifter. Which is quite expensive.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
rfielder
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
The only purpose it serves is a signal transmitter over communication wires. It has no mechanical connections and doesn't route or divert power anywhere. The act of sticking a key-like device in a hole and turning it, including all of the detents, is just there for a more interesting human interaction.
Does this mean that we could replace it with one from a newer vehicle - one of the push to start keyless modules?

Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 AM
bandit4u2
Angry Key Fob Stuck

I recently had the same experience with my 2010 dodge caravan and the key getting stuck. This vehicle has 72,000 km on it (just off warranty of course) and was the subject of a recall where the WIN module was supposed to be replace. Instead they stuck a plastic ring in the module which made it harder to turn the key (supposedly to stop key from accidentally turning off while driving) The end result of this cheap fix was a gradual deterioration of the key/switch(WIN module) which led to the key becoming stuck one day and eventually after dislodging it and reinserting it there was no power when the key was switched on.
Solution: New Win module and 2 new key fobs ( $1030.00)
Pleaded my case to Dodge and got flipped off.
This is a problem with the design of the Win module yet Dodge refuses to cover the cost of replacement.
Also told had to get 2 new key fobs because old ones couldn't be re programed to new WIN module. Whats up with that? I can buy a new key fob and have it reprogrammed to the WIN module but an old key fob cant be reprogramed (one time deal) WHAT A RIPOFF DODGE !!!!!!!!!!!!
My issue is Dodge should have stepped up to the plate and replaced the WIN module and key fobs since they altered the original when it was still under warranty which caused the failure of the system.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Default me too bandit !

I've seen enough on this forum . I also have 2010 caravan with 17,000 miles for sale .
The dodge has been troubled with b.s. alarms like gas cap each fill up & flat tire alarms . there are always some alarm that has to be cleared ! Rear disc wear out ,front tire alignment that connot be corrected .
An now that new 285 h.p. engine that mega problems & rattles for 5-8 seconds each start up from new as I wanted a new jeep wrangler but after several new jeep were started & all had the rattle I want be looking @ a mopar not to forget the terrible 6 speed autotrans. my thoughts . lovvorn

Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rfielder
Does this mean that we could replace it with one from a newer vehicle - one of the push to start keyless modules?
No

Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 PM
faucey13

I know this a long time later.. our only fix was to get a new WIN well another new one.. turns out one of my fobs was bad and sending a bad signal to the new WIN and screwing stuff.. so they say. I just got remote start with 2 new fobs and havent had a problem since. And now in this frigid Illinois winter I am warm when I get to my car... except my new post about the heat not going to the floor. looks like another trip to the dealer for me.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:58 PM
laplanj

2010 Dodge Caravan.

Last edited by laplanj; 03-11-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by laplanj
2010 Dodge Caravan. Same problem. Key stuck in the ACC position intermittently. I want to sell it but who would buy it with this issue? After reading the whole piece, the course of action I see is to replace the Win Module. Correct? If I do that, the key will work?
laplanj,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your key fob sticking. Have you had an opportunity to have a diagnosis completed? How often does the key get stuck? It would be beneficial to to have the vehicle formally examined. A WIN module defect can result in similar concerns, however, in some cases an issue may also be related to the park switch.

Keep us posted if you can.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:42 PM
volendam

i had a 08 caravan in the shop today, with the key stuck in the acc position. we replaced the WIN and that did not fix the problem, this time after looking into it some more, we realized that there is a micro switch on the shifter assembly that intermittently wasn't working. when you push the button on the shifter to put it in gear it opens a micro switch, when you come back to park, and release the button it closes the micro switch, which then triggers the WIN to allow the key to turn fully off and remove the key.

The micro switch is not serviceable seperatly from the shifter assembly and it is a dealer only item. hope that helps

Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 PM
RBunkis
Default Stuck Fob....

That happened to me a few times when I shut the car off while still in drive. Easiest thing for me to do was put the car in park restart the car and then turn it off and it came right out. Good luck/

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Caravan Key Fob STUCK!