Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Dodge Caravan Key Fob STUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by faucey13
Well i have decided to just band aid the situation and when i get wherever im going if the radio doesent turn off when i get out i just manually turn it off. Nothing else is on at the time so eh. Im fed up and dont really care anymore.
Maybe you should. If the key is really stuck on Accessory position, there are many other item still stays ON except the Radio, you are going to drain your battery. you might end up needing a Jump one day after work in the near future.
The Bandaid is going to fall off on you.
If you want to find out if the key is still in accessory position, just check your Cig Lighter. The Caravan has 2, one is Always powered, One is Power Only when Key is ON/Acc position.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
faucey13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK OK you win.. several months later and now my van only starts when it wants. battery checks out ok, alternator ok starter seems ok. I definately think messing with the ignition has screwed me. i think im going to order a new ignition switch and see hoe that goes maybe??

Old 01-03-2013, 01:33 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OK OK you win.. several months later and now my van only starts when it wants. battery checks out ok, alternator ok starter seems ok. I definately think messing with the ignition has screwed me. i think im going to order a new ignition switch and see hoe that goes maybe??
What ignition switch??

Last edited by TNtech; 01-03-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
faucey13

Originally Posted by TNtech
What ignition switch??
um the one that is in the dash and you put the keyfob in it and turn the car on. what other ignition switch is there?!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

um the one that is in the dash and you put the keyfob in it and turn the car on. what other ignition switch is there?!
I suppose you can call that a Ignition switch, but it is a Security module. It requires dealer equipment to be problems, it is NOT plug and play.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The only purpose it serves is a signal transmitter over communication wires. It has no mechanical connections and doesn't route or divert power anywhere. The act of sticking a key-like device in a hole and turning it, including all of the detents, is just there for a more interesting human interaction.

There are no ignition switches anymore. They're not needed because the New World Order has control of our cars from space.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM
faucey13

Originally Posted by TNtech
The only purpose it serves is a signal transmitter over communication wires. It has no mechanical connections and doesn't route or divert power anywhere. The act of sticking a key-like device in a hole and turning it, including all of the detents, is just there for a more interesting human interaction.

There are no ignition switches anymore. They're not needed because the New World Order has control of our cars from space.
ok WIN does that sound better? still a pos! dealer got the key stuck in new WIN and cant get it out. now im stuck with the broken one that kills my battery and i have a new WIN $236 with my key stuck in it. Chrysler has forced me to lose all faith in a domestic vehicle. the endless problems with the van that are all out of my pocket are ridiculous. the only reason they have lifetime powertrain warranties is because all the other crap will force you to get rid of the vehicle before any warranty work needs to be done!

Old 07-09-2013, 04:00 PM
nortel_michel
Default key stuck in new WIN

ok WIN does that sound better? still a pos! dealer got the key stuck in new WIN and cant get it out. now im stuck with the broken one that kills my battery and i have a new WIN $236 with my key stuck in it. Chrysler has forced me to lose all faith in a domestic vehicle. the endless problems with the van that are all out of my pocket are ridiculous. the only reason they have lifetime powertrain warranties is because all the other crap will force you to get rid of the vehicle before any warranty work needs to be done!
I have the same problem with the key stuck in new WIN....any update ...?

Old 07-10-2013, 02:03 AM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nortel_michel
I have the same problem with the key stuck in new WIN....any update ...?

When that happen, Slam your shifter from Drive to Park a few time. Does the Key come out now?

The following users liked this post:
Gift3d (12-02-2021)
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
nortel_michel

Originally Posted by steak59
When that happen, Slam your shifter from Drive to Park a few time. Does the Key come out now?

Key come out but I want to get it fix....Is there an adjustment...?

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Caravan Key Fob STUCK!