Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

95' Caravan overheated

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 AM
axyun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 95' Caravan overheated

I have a1995 Caravan which I drove a short distance today(Sunday) and the gage went to H and bubbling hot coolant was coming out of the reservoir container. I also notice the engine oil indicator was on. The oil was pretty low and I am sorry to say I did neglect it. I put the engine oil in and replace lost coolant. I restarted car and again after a short time and distance the gauge went to H and although no coolant.
I was several miles from home and tried to make it back to my place so I could take it to repairs shop in morning it was Sunday and no shops open. It stalled out at on me and I was unable to start it up again. There was no cranking so and check engine lite was now on. It looks like I may need it towed unless there is something I am overlooking. Is it possible a fuse blew in or by driving the car under these circumstance did I cause damage to a gasket or something like that. I would like to get car to a mechanic without a tow in morning if that is possible. Any help is very much appreciated. Frank

Quick Reply: 95' Caravan overheated