Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Grand Caravan Power Outlets not working

Old 09-19-2012, 01:02 AM
vegascoug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Grand Caravan Power Outlets not working

I've been trying to find a fuse diagram or some info online for this and am drawing a blank, so I am looking to all the experts on here.

I have a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport with both outlets (front and back) not working, not sure if they both went out together or one by one, but both are dead. I found the relay under the hood and replaced it, still no dice. I even switched the relays with the starter and the lighter/outlet and that didn't work.

I was told by someone that there might be a fuse behind the actual lighter, an in-line fuse that can blow. True?

Or is there another fuse inside the car under the drivers side dash? I see lots of posts on FixYa and other sites relating to this issue but I have yet to find a fix. It cannot be THAT difficult can it?

I am trying to sell it and that is one thing that isn't working that I really want to work before someone comes to look at it. Cell phones are too common to try and sell a car without a "charger" feature

Old 09-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked 20amp fuse #4 in the PDC under the hood?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM
vegascoug
Default Thanks!!!

I have been messing with that for a week, found the relay but never found the fuse...guess it would help if I would have read all the labels first...DOH! 20A fuse blown, replaced, all is good again.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vegascoug
I have been messing with that for a week, found the relay but never found the fuse...guess it would help if I would have read all the labels first...DOH! 20A fuse blown, replaced, all is good again.
Yes probably but hey, you fixed it. Congrats. If it wasn't the fuse you'd be chasing wires for another week.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 PM
kamnet

Apologies for grave digging a topic, but thank you for posting this! I just bought at 2000 Grand Caravan that had the same issue, a Google search lead me right to this post. Sure enough, same blown fuse.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:34 AM
georgi
Amateur

Dodge caravan SE 2001.
I was inflating the tires with eclectic pump powered from the power outlet (cigarette lighter) and a bit later it stopped. No power to the front Power Outlet and the radio. BTW I used this pump on the van hundreds of times.
I found fuse #5 20amp was blown. Replaced it and everything is working.
Attached.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Grand Caravan Power Outlets not working-iod.png  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Eder Rouse
Default The same problem

Hi.
My name is Eder, from Mexico

I have grand caravan 2000 and replace all fuse (inside and under hood) but the outlets not working

My inglish not good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Grand Caravan Power Outlets not working