Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Caravan 1998 TRS issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Lani
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caravan 1998 TRS issues

Hello all,
i recently bought a Plymouth Voyager 1998 with a busted gearbox. it would not go in reverse and stopped working in forward motion after a while. I replaced the gearbox and found out that the TRS connector happened to be BLADE type instead of PIN that came with the car. I don't know anything about what year the gearbox i got is. i want to know is there anyway i can get this gearbox to work in my car. The gearbox fits in perfectly into my car, we got a a blade connector but had to connect wires to make it work, but it isn't working well yet cos it only changes to 2nd gear, doesn't change after that. Please i really need help here. the guy i got the gearbox from does not have a conversion cable i can use to connect the TRS, if i coould get help with a wiring diagram, it would really be helpful.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the transmission part number? Someone may be able to tell you what year transmission you have. That may answer many questions.

Wiring diagram? Send me a private message with an email address.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Lani
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Cougar41, thanks for your prompt response. i will look into getting the part number tomorrow as the car is at the mechs. in the meantime do you think getting a conversion wire to convert from pin to blade will help me much?

Quick Reply: Dodge Caravan 1998 TRS issues