Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

New 2005 Grand Caravan SXT Owner, ...help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 AM
quietas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2005 Grand Caravan SXT Owner, ...help

I've had to turn in my lifted, but dying, 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a more practical family hauler. The transmission needed a rebuild, the transfer case exploded, it needed new brakes, the water pump was shot, the power steering leaked, the differentials were slipping, the shocks were sagging, and more.

I got a good deal. I got a good van in great shape. It works for the family and dogs. It's extremely practical and useful. So why do I feel like I lost my best friend?

I've given in and become middle aged.

/rant off

It's a new to me 2005 Grand Caravan SXT and it's in relatively great shape.

Work Done:
- Powered sliding doors dead. Repaired the broken wiring in the plastic flex track at the bottom of the door. Bought it broken in fact at a steep discount from the dealer.
- Replace factory stereo with a decent, but older Kenwood from a pervious car. Who the hell used tapes in 2005? It had a CD/cassette combo. As it turns out our 2002 Chrysler sebring used the same dash mount insert.
- Added an 3.5mm input to the aux input inside the small box below the heating controls.

Work To Do:
- I have a little rust along the bottom edge of the lift gate that I'll sand off and fix next week. Maybe a 1 1/2" line of bed liner along the bottom edge next to the bumper?
- The cup holders on both middle seats are missing the catches, I'll scavenge some from a junk yard soon.
- The plastic covers on the driver side middle captain seat is missing part of the plastic covers and part is broken. Junk yard again unless I can find part name/number to order online.
- Driver seat electric seat adjustment lever missing, but the switches still work.
- Replace a burnt out fog light.
- Upgrade speakers, drive side front is fairly weak. I'd do this anyway and add an amp. Maybe add a sub if I can mount one somewhere out of the way without a large sub box.

It's all minor stuff and other than that, I have nothing to tinker with. My What can I upgrade to make it drive better and the most important, make it look better?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upgrades I would consider:
-New shocks and good quality tires will contribute most to a nice ride.
-Replace the headlights with new units if the lens is hazed, fogged, or crazed. Old looking headlights make any car look bad/old, plus good lights are essential for driving at night.
-replace all the bulbs (brake/turn) with new ones.
-check your brake pads for wear.

Quick Reply: New 2005 Grand Caravan SXT Owner, ...help