Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Hi all! My first Dodge... with window problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Sabine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all! My first Dodge... with window problems.

Bought my first Dodge this Spring (2010 Grand Caravan Stow-and-Go). Didn't think I would ever buy a minivan again, but I loved the room it offered and I like the look of it.

In a nutshell...
Driver's window controls stopped working one day. Not just the window, but the whole little control panel that sits in the door. I can't roll any of the windows down, lock / unlock any of the doors, or adjust the power mirrors from the drivers seat. There was no sluggish window, no grinding noise from in the door... nothing. Just didn't work when I pulled up to the drive through one day.

So, I have spend the last couple months with the window stuck shut. I was ok with this and we were going to get it fixed when we came up with the funds. Problem is... hubby leaned on his key fob in his pocket over the weekend and we found out that you can roll all the windows down by holding the unlock button down. So now my window is stuck open... and it's getting to be a cold windy drive to work.

We know that the motor works fine - it rolled the window down just fine. There is no way to roll it back up with the key fob (looked through the book and called the dealer). The dealer will fix it, but their first act will be to tear the door panel off (they couldn't tell me why, other than it was standard procedure with door problems).

I am convinced it's the control unit that pops into the drivers door - there is a simple little plug on the bottom of it that hooks it to the wiring. These are stupid expensive though, and I won't have the money for a bit. All I'm looking for is a way to get the window up... I don't care if it stays that way for now.

Any experience with this?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

First thing you need to do, is remove the door panel and use a power probe to roll the window up. Or remove the window from the track and prop the window up. Either way, after the window is open. Unplug the motor.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM
easyplay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window issue

I have similar problem with master switch and windows. Did you find out what caused your problem?

Old 05-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by easyplay
I have similar problem with master switch and windows. Did you find out what caused your problem?
As is the case sooo many times the original poster posted his message well over a year ago and hasn't posted since. Doubt he's still around.

Can you give us specifics? In the mean time try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 5 minutes. This will reset the microprocessor circuits that drive the windows and locks. Just make sure you have your radio code handy if you have a 5th generation 2008-2014 van.

Quick Reply: Hi all! My first Dodge... with window problems.