Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.0 not starting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:03 PM
MostlyTheDriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.0 not starting.

While driving van is acted as the transmission was slipping then ran normal for a few miles then it just stalled and would not restart. It cranks as it were out of gas. I put in a few gallons of fresh gas, moved relays around as well as fuses. I tried disconnecting battery. Best I can tell I am not getting spark. I have been leaking water from area of water pump but just refill before I drive. Water pump makes noise. It is my understanding to replace such I have to remove and replace timing chain. Just wondering if that might be a factor too. What is next step before junk yard?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the service engine light turn on and have you checked for codes?

Get a can of starting fluid and spray it in the air intake duct as you crank the engine. If it fires and dies you have spark but the engine isn't getting fuel. Listen for the pump to turn on. If the engine doesn't fire you're missing spark. Check for power at the coil connector.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.0 not starting.