Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 rear rotor removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 AM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar41
C4 maybe?
Good one. At this point, I'm ready to take my BFH to my head if I have to listen to much more of my MIL's incessant jabbering. She's here for 6 days that is starting to feel like 6 weeks.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM
b1lk1
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfahey
Good one. At this point, I'm ready to take my BFH to my head if I have to listen to much more of my MIL's incessant jabbering. She's here for 6 days that is starting to feel like 6 weeks.
If my MIL showed up for more than a day I'd just leave the house until she left, I feel you there. I don't even like it when I have to see her even for a minute.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 AM
493mike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove rear rotors fast!

My rear rotors were rusted solid with the hubs after 18 years, 233,000 miles driving in Michigan. I tried heat and penetrants-no luck. Then it popped in my head-cut them! I took my small side grinder with cut-off wheel and slit them in the caliper opening area. Be careful not to go too far into the parking brake area. Then I wacked the rotor from the inside along side the cut a couple of times and it cracked and released itself from the hub-no sweat! The first side took about 10 minutes so I timed the second side-2 minutes! I don't like to apply too much heat or beat on the rotor for fear of damaging the hub bearings. This seems like the best method if your not trying to save the rotors.
Mike

Quick Reply: 2001 rear rotor removal