Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

FNG needs help, 93 caravan burns wire

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
r58059
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG needs help, 93 caravan burns wire

Hello to everyone, I am a ****ing new guy to this place and I have found it difficult to navigate, you understand. I have a 93 G. Caravan, and the wire that is to the E-Brake, or parking, burned. I have taken the dash apart, and can't get it completely off and out. Hence, I can't get to the harness that has the burned wire. The color code is Grey with a black line. It has burned, as far as I could see, all the way up. I wanted to mend it but I am getting leery of trying to remove the top dash with screws I can't get to. I have no idea how it has been installed. But I have all of the knee bolster, radio, all the controls, dash, instrument cluster, and glove box out. It seems there are screws behind the dash that are installed and I can't get them out. Anyway, WHY DID IT BURN after nearly twenty years and 170K? Just to let you know, I had the trans re-build just before this happened, maybe some weeks before, who cares of the exact days, and it is the only one wire. I would post pics, but I DON'T KNOW HOW on this site. Robert

Old 11-01-2012, 12:58 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the switch itself went bad only thing that really makes sense to me. If you had the trans changed the parking brake would have been used if it wasnt done on a lift. I'd just clip the wire and call it day but if you must chase the wire back it shows the wiring diagrams in the Haynes Manuals.

Quick Reply: FNG needs help, 93 caravan burns wire