Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Grand Carava - How to remove power cable from radiator fan

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
zjw2112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Grand Carava - How to remove power cable from radiator fan

I have a 2005 grand caravan with a leaking radiator. It's been like this for a few months and I am slowly trying to build my confidence that I can replace it myself. Since it is necessary to remove the power cable from the radiator fans, how do you do this? They don't appear to simply pull off. There appears to be a small flat red clip. Do I need to somehow push the clip down and then pull the cable out? Do I use a flathead to do this? I am afraid I will break the clip, so I want to make sure this is the correct thing to do. Thank you.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
papaduck
Professional

The red clip must be moved sidways out of the connector. I had to use a flat tip screwdriver to get the red lock to move. Still could not pull the connector apart, and was afraid that I would damage the plug going into the fan. I wound up breaking the locking part so that I could get a screwdriver between the two parts. I tied the connector so that it could not pull apart when I put it back together.

Someone else may have a better way to get it apart.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 AM
zjw2112

I ended up using a flathead screwdriver like papaduck suggested. I used the flat portion and pushed up on the clip and it moved. I was then able to remove the connector. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2005 Grand Carava - How to remove power cable from radiator fan