Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 grand caravan crew dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 AM
coolbird101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 grand caravan crew dissapointment

wife and i gave the van the good ole 1 year review, and we traded it in. had great luck with my 05 ram, hoped to have similar luck with this, have always liked chrysler, my dad was a chrysler guy but damn what a roach this vehicle turned out to be. traded it for a 2013 mazda 6, had a 04 and wife loved it, so we went with another. as you can assume we took a beating but really felt the beating would be way worse keeping it.

the good: pentastar makes that van faster than it should be,
lots of room, better than expected fuel miledge, lots of cool electronic features, rode nice on the highway, insurance was lower

the bad: horrible 5 sec. chatter on cold starts, would clunk into drive so hard it felt like you were rearended, made a strange wobbling sound as you slowed down to a stop, very rough idle could see waves in your drink in the cup holder, rear brakes need replacement at 18,000 miles, tire pressure sensor already replaced, looseness in steering wheel only at certain positions, clicking from left front wheel occasionaly and passenger power side door acting up. the only thing the dealer could fix was the tire pressure monitor because there were no stored trouble codes, so after several dissapointing trips to the dealer, we dumped it. still love my 05 ram though, thanks for listening had too vent somewhere, lol

j

Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Darkside 700
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dodge has become a company that will do everything possible not to do warranty work
it must be part of there profit making recovery plan. It is too bad because they make a good product but they don't stand behind it.

Quick Reply: 2011 grand caravan crew dissapointment