Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

02 GC Sport Wiring Harness Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 AM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 02 GC Sport Wiring Harness Inspection

Upon troubleshooting a transmission leak I noticed 1 pinch and 2 rubbing points with the wiring harness bundles.

One goes down from the battery side and seems to be leaning or pinching pretty hard on the solenoid pack.

The other two come down and under the radiator and were leaning and rubbing on the transmission pan and solenoid pack to the point of tearing the tape or looming and were soggy with trans fluid.

I stopped the leak and used a zip-tie to hold the harnesses off the transmission.

Just wondering if I need to carefully remove the wrapping and inspect and re-do it with looming?

Old 12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

That would be a judgement call made by someone with eyes on it. If the looming is intact and the wires don't appear stressed then leave it. If there is a chance they could be stressed then you'll have to take it apart for a look see.

Last edited by Cougar41; 12-03-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 AM
2therock
Veteran

Thanks.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 AM
b1lk1
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta do this one of these days, my wiring loom is compromised around the tranny, the leaks have just eaten all the tape and made a righteous mess. I would err on the side of caution (especially on someone else's car, LOL) and take it apart and redo it.

Quick Reply: 02 GC Sport Wiring Harness Inspection