Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

06 caravan annoying vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
moggyrita
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 caravan annoying vibration

i LOVE my o6. recently (in the last month) she has begun to have a high velocity vibration in the steering wheel that comes and goes at will. it is Not a side to side vibration more so feels front to back.. litteraly high velocity starts about 45mph and will keep going and get worse at higher mph. at about 60mph it begins to actually rattle the interior consoles. then i pull over shut it down for a few minutes and it is usually gone. does not happen every day or on certain roads. i have in the last 6 months replaced inner/outer tie rods checked cv, bought balanced (just had balance checked last week again and no issues) and aligned tires (aluminum rims have been checked for warp/chip and balance), replaced all brake components, transmission filter change/flush.. good on oil changes. do not drive on long dirt roads avoid pot holes.. Love my van. BUT in the last month i did end up partially (passenger wheel first) in a ditch due to weather and had to be pulled out after uncusessfully trying to dig and drive out of it. PLEASE can some one give me NEW ideas of what to look at next? having a friend check motor mounts later today... and that is where i'm stuck at

Quick Reply: 06 caravan annoying vibration