Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Tranny troubles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 AM
bakyrdmecanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny troubles?

I have a 97 Dodge Grand Caravan, 3.0, 3sp automatic tranny that I think has a problem. If you are stopped and want to go, it seems like something is holding the van, kind of like if the brakes were on. But if you put tranny in low, then go, you have all kinds of power.

Is there a sensor or something that is acting up?

Tranny oil was changed late last year, and at that time, tranny was working great. But within the past week or so, it seems to have this slow take off... Do not have ANY codes showing up...

Thanks to a GREAT WEBSITE and DODGE!

I also own a 91 Plymouth Grand Voyager 290,000 miles, 93 Plymouth Grand Voyager 152,000 miles , and a 2000 Town & Country.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 AM
td1
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the fluid topped off? if you need a good deal on a good rebuild, hit up Gentry Transmission in Phoenix, AZ. they rocked me with a new/rebuilt on my 96 ES 3.8L.

http://www.automd.com/shops/gentrys-...ission_178026/

td1

Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

The problem is most likely the governor valves. You'll need to remove the valve body and the three 7mm bolts to remove the governor body and clean or replace the valves and governor body. And before you put the valve body back in, adjust the front and rear kick down bands.

Quick Reply: Tranny troubles?