Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Leak on carpet on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 PM
wilburno
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak on carpet on passenger side

The A/C is leaking on my Caravan. It is leaking down the floor panel from the drain port area on the inside. I changed the cabin air filter and washed out the drain port. It leaks worse since installing the cabin air filter than it did when I ran it without the filter. I looked at the drain port on the outside while the A/C was running, and it is open, and draining. Is there something else I can do to make it drain out the port and not leak inside?

Thanks,

Wilburn

Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 PM
clinteastwood

Why would you change the cabin air filter if you have a leak still? Does it smell sweet? You probably need to have the heater core replaced. How much coolant do you current have in the radiator?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 AM
wilburno

It is not the coolant. It is not a heater core problem. It has no smell. I changed the cabin filter because it was very dirty. The leak is definately (as I stated before) from the A/C drain. Since my first post, I used some heavy duty silicone, and caulked around the port exit on the inside of the firewall. As of now (one day later) it is not leaking.

Wilburn

Old 04-11-2013, 08:22 AM
lionarus

Originally Posted by wilburno
It is not the coolant. It is not a heater core problem. It has no smell. I changed the cabin filter because it was very dirty. The leak is definately (as I stated before) from the A/C drain. Since my first post, I used some heavy duty silicone, and caulked around the port exit on the inside of the firewall. As of now (one day later) it is not leaking.

Wilburn
Usless.
Try this...
find this plastic drain in hood space:

Check it for leaking - if leaking find any tube and put it upon this drain nipple like that:

Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM
lionarus
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM
wilburno

Thanks, Lionarus,

I'll try it. Thanks for the photos.

Wilburn

Quick Reply: Leak on carpet on passenger side