Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Caravan ABS Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM
ColleenLong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caravan ABS Issue

the abs light is on and we can not find out why I was told that this is a common problem wiith the 2006 grand caravan is that true and if so what is the fix

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 04-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ColleenLong,
You re in the wrong section.....

Old 04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Moved to the proper section. Good luck with the problem, these gentle men and women should be better suited to help you

Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColleenLong
the abs light is on and we can not find out why I was told that this is a common problem wiith the 2006 grand caravan is that true and if so what is the fix
You can have it scanned with an ABS capable scanner to see if a code has been set that will pinpoint where the problem is. You can check resistatnce on all 4 wheel sensors using an ohmeter. The odd one out may be the culprit. You can inspect the pickups and sense rings for mud and debrie. What have you done so far? BTW - All caravans have ABS problems from time to time. No vehicle is immune.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColleenLong
There is no quick answer to your question. You would need to find out exactly what is causing your ABS light to come on. Some auto parts stores or mechanics will read the code for free, but from what I understand ABS codes require a special reader that not every place has. Of course a dealership can pull the code for you but they will likely charge at least $100 just to diagnose it. Regardless of how you get the code read the fix could be simple like the problems Cougar41 suggested or it could be complicated and expensive.

There may be an ABS code or codes that frequently/chronically pop up in 2006 GCs, but it's also entirely possible that your code(s) could be something completely different. The good news is that unless your red BRAKE light is on when the parking brake is released, you should have normal, non-ABS brake function, which is what you use the vast majority of the time. With a minivan, however, I wouldn't drive without ABS for too long, especially if you live in an area where rain, snow, or ice are common.

Quick Reply: Caravan ABS Issue