Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

05 dodge grand caravan:

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
JolynnR.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 05 dodge grand caravan:

I started having problems with my 05 dodge grand caravan... engine sputters when I have air conditioner on, while driving and while parked... check engine on.... I thought it was my fuel pump but my van runs fine... just when I drive and park I put on my ac then it sputters... somebody told me its probably my ac going out... so please if anybody knows I need help... I stressing on what needs fixing or what...

Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the CEL is on the first thing you need to do is have the code checked, which you can do by taking the van in to your local major chain auto parts store that offers to do it for free. Write the code(s) down (should be a P followed by some numbers) and Google it. There are a few websites out there that have decent listings of the problems that can cause any particular code.

Just from the symptoms you describe I would guess your A/C compressor or compressor clutch is seized or otherwise effed, but you should definitely get the code pulled before throwing any parts/money at it.

Quick Reply: 05 dodge grand caravan: