Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

check oil light not working 94 dodge caravan

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 PM
stockups
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check oil light not working 94 dodge caravan

I need some help I have a 94 dodge caravan with a 3L engine question what would cause my check oil light not to come on any help would be nice

Michael

Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 PM
papaduck
Professional

The bulb could be burnt out, most likely, or the sending unit could be bad.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 AM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the bulb doesn't come on at all during the bulb check when you first start the van then the bulb is burned out. If it does come on during bulb check but it doesn't come on during a low oil condition then you need to have the root cause of the low oil condition checked out and fixed before worrying about the oil light.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 PM
stockups
Amateur

hi there the bulb does not come on at all even when i start the car is it hard to change the bulb

Thanks michael

Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given the age of your van it's probably not that difficult to change the cluster bulbs; I recommend getting a Haynes, Chilton, or factory service manual for step-by-step instructions. I recommend buying the book if you intend to do a lot of repairs (I found the Haynes for my Honda dirt cheap at a used bookstore), but if you live in a large city you're likely to find the book in a public library.

The main problem is that the bulb is likely a dealership-only part.

If you don't want to spend the money or hassle on a dealership part, you can do one of the following:
  • Live with the burned out oil light and make it a habit to check the dipstick regularly
  • If the bulb for the seat belt, low fuel, or low washer fluid indicator is identical just move that one to the oil indicator and live with one of those indicators burned out. If you absolutely need a dashboard indicator light to tell you that your seat belt isn't on or that your fuel level is low (that's what the fuel gauge is for!) then you probably should not have a drivers license or own a car. I wouldn't recommend moving the bulb from any of the other indicators.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM
stockups
Amateur

Thanks so much for your help in this matter

Quick Reply: check oil light not working 94 dodge caravan