Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

04 GC ABS HCU Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM
dietzx5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 GC ABS HCU Problem

I own an 04 GC SE 3.3L and have discovered my ABS HCU is not allowing brake fluid to reach the left rear wheel cylinder. I've been searching for a while now and am finding the HCU to be a pretty pricey item. Does anyone know where you can find this part affordably or if it can be rebuilt? Driving on 3 brakes doesn't seem the safest thing to do. I read somewhere that if it was made by Bendix being a Bendix 7 or 10 model, these may have lifetime warranty? Only I'm not sure what the make/model of the installed HCU is, but I know it's OEM & there are Dodge Tech's here that would know. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Derek

Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The system in your van is the Teves Mark 20e. Replacement is the only option that I am aware of. You are sure you don't have a collapsed flexible hose.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:46 PM
dietzx5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had done a brake job on it recently and realized my right rear wheel cylinder was not actuating. Not being able to diagnose myself I took it to Midas. It took them a full day tracing the hydraulic system (presumably a full day, due to other shop work) and told me they had been able to locate the fault in the HCU. They did a little searching and found a replacement part at a price of $590. He said in his 20+ years as an SAE brake tech. he'd only come across 1 other malfunctioning HCU. I was hoping the good folks here might know of a more reasonable option.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well that would be one more than me. That's kinda why I was questioning the diagnosis in the first place.

Quick Reply: 04 GC ABS HCU Problem