Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge caravan 2009 SE

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 12:20 AM
nentendo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge caravan 2009 SE

hi all friends

i have a couple question. as a new member, i just want to get the expert opinion. i have dodge grand caravan 2009 SE model and its got only 55000 yet

1- question is does it use all pad brake or back uses drum.

2- From last few days now any time when i am backing up i an getting squizy sound, only when i am back up, my guess is brake is gone, but i need expert friend opinion.

3- where i can get the good brake with rotor with discounted price and good quality. i live in Toronto.

i really appreciate from all my friends

Old 07-01-2013, 10:32 AM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grand Caravans from 2008-present have standard 4-wheel disc brakes. The 2008 redesign also did away with the hybrid disc/drum rear brake setup for the parking brake. In other words, no drums or shoes at all. But you will need a special tool to replace the rear pads.

I can't answer #2.

I also don't know much about Canadian brick-and-mortar parts stores, but if you want an online retailer I'd recommend checking out RockAuto. They tend to have a pretty good selection at reasonable prices for most cars, and I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada. They are also a sponsor of this website.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Dodge caravan 2009 SE