Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Camshaft position sensor 2008 GC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camshaft position sensor 2008 GC

I'm trying to locate/remove the camshaft position sensor on my 2008 GC SE 3.3L. According to the Chilton manual all I need to do is remove the top of the air filter box and the air intake tube before removing the sensor. The photo provided doesn't help at all as it's zoomed in so far I can't tell where on the engine it's looking. I seriously think Chilton neglected to update that section from the 2007 model.

I think I found the sensor on the front (serp belt side) of the engine sandwiched between the head and a bracket of some sort, right behind the upper right engine mount. Problem is I'm totally blind in getting a tool in there, and the wire connector appears to have a red lock on the bottom where I can't reach it. I found what might be the sensor bolt, but again since I'm blind in there I can't tell if that's even the correct bolt to remove.

Is there a way to remove that sensor without removing the engine mount or any brackets?

Quick Reply: Camshaft position sensor 2008 GC