Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2012 caravan dash options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:06 PM
b1pig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 caravan dash options?

to keep this short....

we had a 2011 journey that we traded up for the caravan. the journey had a few more options on the EVIC display on the dash than the caravan does. what i'm mainly interested in is whether or not the transmission temp can be programmed or set to display in the vehicle info menu. i have a friend who is a dealer tech about an hour away from me who said that as far as he knew, no one had ever asked about it... but if an opportunity presented itself, he'd take a look at a van on their lot to see if he could figure it out.

anyone ever thought about asking about this or had it done?
the data is there... the computer reads it.... wonder why they dont make that available on all models. some people are actually going to do some towing with them.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is not an option on the caravan, not sure why but it isn't. It does have a transmission temp light that will come on when it gets too warm if that helps.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 AM
rfielder
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the transmission temp something that could be read via OBDII codes?

If so, a bluetooth OBDII reader and a smartphone or tablet would give you the information.

I will check mine to see if that is an available field.

Quick Reply: 2012 caravan dash options?