Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 GC no code miss

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 03:54 PM
peabo
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 GC no code miss

Last couple weeks i've had what seems like a miss on idle and low rpms. After noticing it 2 weeks ago I done the off/on x3 and showed a p0303. Pulled #3 plug ...looked new[abt 15k on plugs]. After a restart had a terrible miss which threw on ck engine light [pretty sure i damaged original 120K plug wire]. New plug wires got me back to original low rpm miss, but no codes. Cleaned throttle body and IAC... no change. With no codes showing i'm at a loss where to start, any suggestions?

Thanks

note: weather has been extremely humid and wet the past month....just in case there's a unlikely connection

Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

I would do a compression test. But I would take a look at the injector wire harness, on the rear cylinder head. They have been a problem for sometime. You may need to open the harness and inspect the wires.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
peabo
Amateur

I had a feeling that original p0303 was gonna haunt me....might be a while before i have time to get at the backside and ck things out. Since it's only noticeable at and a little above idle I can live with the aggravation till time allows.
Thanks for the suggestions, if they pan out i'll be back with a update.

p

Old 07-16-2013, 01:48 PM
peabo
Amateur
Default Fixed

What I done:

pulled fuel rail and swapped #3 injector with #4, pulled #3 plug and swapped with #2 [easiest to get at]. Cleared code...still had same miss, but the following day it threw a p0302 instead of a p0303. Bad plug!!! $4.35 for a new champion and it runs like a clock

What I should of done before buying new wires cleaning IAC throttle body and all that other crap:

Swap that #3 plug with another plug even though it looked almost new [no cracks, tracks or carbon buildup]

live and learn.........

Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 AM
zero10
Professional

Glad it was something cheap and easy to fix - thanks for sharing
I've seen my share of bad brand new plugs, it seems that careful handling of parts like that is not the norm at most parts shops and they are often damaged before you even receive them.

Quick Reply: 2003 GC no code miss