Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Wheel size frustrations....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 AM
rfielder
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel size frustrations....

I have a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with 225/65R16 tires.

I also have a set of four 205/60R16 tires from a 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX sedan. To see if these would fit my van, I have checked many website, and found there are many different sizes listed for this car.

In other words, I have no idea if these older wheels will fit my van. Some sites say they have the same bolt pattern and middle hole size, others say they do not.

Can anyone here advise of a website that can be trusted? I would love to have a second set of wheels for my van - even if for snowtires.

Also, the rubber on these had less than 10,000km when the car was in an accident in 2008. The snow tires were on the car at the time of the accident. The wheels appear to be in excellent condition. Hopefully the rubber is as well, after sitting for five years....

Old 07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfielder
I have a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with 225/65R16 tires.

I also have a set of four 205/60R16 tires from a 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX sedan. To see if these would fit my van, I have checked many website, and found there are many different sizes listed for this car.

In other words, I have no idea if these older wheels will fit my van. Some sites say they have the same bolt pattern and middle hole size, others say they do not.

Can anyone here advise of a website that can be trusted? I would love to have a second set of wheels for my van - even if for snowtires.

Also, the rubber on these had less than 10,000km when the car was in an accident in 2008. The snow tires were on the car at the time of the accident. The wheels appear to be in excellent condition. Hopefully the rubber is as well, after sitting for five years....
The 2008 and up Grand Caravan switched to a very large 5" bolt pattern previously used on Dodge trucks and SUV's. The 2007 and older minivans used a 4-1/2" bolt pattern which was very common on midsize and full size Ford and Chrysler cars way back into the 1950's. However it is also important that the center hole is the exact diameter to ensure the wheel is properly indexed and does not wobble. This prevents the bolts from coming loose. An undersize hole will not work at all and an oversize hole is a very bad idea. Another measure that is important is the centerline or backspacing. This positions the wheel at the proper depth in the wheel well so it does not rub or stick out too far. This value can only be off by a few millimeters.

I am guessing the fwd Sebring used a 4.5" or smaller bolt pattern. I noticed quite a few websites showing errors for Grand Caravan bolt patterns. One of the best is the tirerack. If you want to run snow tires on separate wheels, it might make more sense to simply buy exact fit reproduction NEW aluminum wheels on fleabay for $120 each.

Quick Reply: Wheel size frustrations....