Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Town and Country P0700

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:19 PM
brandon.atg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Town and Country P0700

My van likes to fall out of gear. As I drive it down the road it shifts fine if I am on the throttle. Once at cruising speed it will pop out of gear and then fall right back in. I have done a full trans flush and filter including the torque conv. Since I have done this, when the van is cold, I can unhook the battery and clear all codes and it will shift as I have described. If I turn it off while it is warm and restart it, the van throws a check engine light, P0700, and goes into safe mode. If I let it cool down the check engine light stays on but it will go back to shifting fine except in 4th, then back to falling out of gear. Unhook the battery and clear the codes and the cycle repeats.

P0700. I have changed out the relay and checked the wires that lead into the fuse box. I have also checked the wires that go the the speed sensors on the front of the tranny. Any ideas?

BTW. what is this cat doing to this ball?

Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The P0700 is telling you the TCM transmission computer has stored a fault code. You'll have to have the code read with a scanner specifically designed to read transmission codes.

Quick Reply: 2001 Town and Country P0700