Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2012 caravan engine code p06dd

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 08:04 AM
ByersJohnathon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
disctaxi,

Have you had an opportunity to review further with your Dodge service dept?
Dealership said to replace oil pump with new one, did that same code van is running low oil all the time i think it has something to do with the pcm needing to be flashed,
2 new oil pumps later same problem new pcm new tipim same code and oil pump solenoid has power no matter what any ideas?

Old 02-10-2023, 06:28 PM
BIllAndHisMopar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What RPM does your tach sit at when idling? I have this code and noticed that the only time the CEL comes on with the same P06DD code is after is sits at idle which is around 650 RPMs. I am going to see if there is a way to adjust the idle so it's closer to 850 or 900 when fully warmed up. It seems there are so many of us with the same code even after changing everything but it's diapers. Maybe a low idle is tripping that code? I used the oil pressure adapter that goes on in place of the oil filter cap and have 50 PSI at cold startup and when it is fully warm, the oil pressure is around 35 PSI, which should be OK, but maybe it's not OK due to the low idle speed. I don't know. I want my 64 Chevy back! I could sit under the hood with the engine and work on that. Now one can't even change the spark plugs without tearing half the engine apart. Grrrr!!

Quick Reply: 2012 caravan engine code p06dd