Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Help with my New gr.caravan Code P1864, p0562,p0406

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Peanutbutter.gelly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my New gr.caravan Code P1864, p0562,p0406

Hi everyone new to this site and Caravans. I just bought a 2006 Grand caravan 3.3L from auction. it has 163,xxx miles and looks and sounded good for its age, at first! Soon after driving it off the auction lot up poped the check engine light. Go figure, just my luck. I am getting 3 codes. The one that is my main concern is the P1864, battery power to module disconnected? What does this mean? It is a tranny code. I have no clue what this means. If something was disconnected the light would have been on the entire time, right? The other code P0562 low battery voltage, intermittent. I am thinking this is the battery cables as they are severely corroded. And then there is the EGR code which was stored, unfortunately. This code reads ecm detects EGR position sensor voltage to high. Any help thanks in advance.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which do you have :
P1684 Battery disconnected in last 50 starts (won't turn on CE light on it's own)
P1864 Torque converter clutch circuit malfunction

P0406 Replace the EGR valve

P0562 Battery cables or battery.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Peanutbutter.gelly

Hey. Thanks for replying. I am trying to figure this one out. On my scanner device it says Like this P1864 (trans) battery power to module disconnected. ??? I am assuming it would be the p1684 by it saying battery.....disconnected, but it says trans in parenthesis? It doesn't say anything about the TCC? Could it be a mistake w/ the scanner or is it referring to a transmission module? I am not worried about the battery I know for sure it was disconnected to hide the other codes for the sale. I just want to make sure it isn't nothing else like a short in a wire from battery to tranny?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm. That's odd. Any listing I have says P1864 is TCC related.

Just to add to the confusion, your van has a combination PCM/TCM in the same box mounted forward of the splash shield in the driver's side wheel well. That may be why it has (trans) in the discription to differentiate between the TCM and PCM portion of the box. Unfortunately, that's only a guess. Might try contacting Chrysler or your scanners manufacturer to get some clarification. Could try another scanner. Autozone or the like does free scans.

Last edited by Cougar41; 08-11-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Peanutbutter.gelly

Yes it is odd. I called the dealer to no avail. They just said bring it in. I guess I am gonna clear the code and hope it is a fluke. As for the egr Someone changed it before and stripped the bottom bolt to heck! it was stripping the whole way out! Now I am stuck for now. It definitely is causing me more problems than intended. I have no manual for this van owners or repair. Does anyone know exactly what size bolt? What threads I will need to repair this? ..... I also found out it looks to be tranny fluid in the ps pump, lucky me I didn't catch this stuff before Is there a download for the owners manual somewhere on this site?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:24 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Peanutbutter.gelly
Does anyone know exactly what size bolt? What threads I will need to repair this?
M8 x 1.25 x 28.00 Hex Flange Head Screw

Is there a download for the owners manual somewhere on this site?
You can download the owners manuals directly from Dodge.com here: http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

or use this direct link to the 2006 manual from Dodge.com
2006_RS_Caravan.pdf

George

Old 08-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Peanutbutter.gelly

Thanks George and Cougar. All fixed now. What a pain in my A**. So far so good on the ses light. A couple of questions. Is Mopar antifreeze and oil filter essential, success with other brands? If i want the good stuff,"mopar", Where can I purchase besides dealer, if anywhere. Oh and none of you mentioned but its funny about the ps pump having tranny fluid, the manny says it is supposed to. LOL. Thanks guys.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:41 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is Mopar antifreeze and oil filter essential, success with other brands?
The manual says MOPAR HOAT (Hybrid Organic Additive Technology) or equivalent, I use Zerex G-05, it is an equivalent HOAT coolant.

If you are not sure what kind of coolant your van currently has, I recommend a complete drain and flush before adding any antifreeze. The manual states that mixing antifreeze other than the specified HOAT antifreeze, may result in engine damage and may decrease corrosion protection.

George

Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Peanutbutter.gelly

Thanks. Thats why I asked. I plan on flushing the system. Is there any special procedures, do I need to burp the system?? Is there a drain on the block etc.? Thermostat recommendation/ location? Ects sensor should this be replaced if so location? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

Last edited by Peanutbutter.gelly; 08-15-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with my New gr.caravan Code P1864, p0562,p0406