Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Windshield wipers pozessed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Jim51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield wipers pozessed

Here is an interesting one for you. 2003 Caravan with 218k km on the clock. In the middle of the night, Wife & I noticed a strange thump thump thump noise coming from out on the street where we park. Came outside this morning and windshield wipers are barely moving, battery is dead and I can't shut them off. That explains the strange thumping noise. I disconnected the battery and charged up the battery. Later, I hooked the battery up, started the van and all is OK ... everything works as it should. About 10pm, wife hollers "there's that thumping noise again." I go outside and the wipers are on. I unlock the doors, fire up the engine and can't turn the wipers off. Only thing I could do was pop the hood and unplug the connector. What would cause the wiper motor to run with the switch off and no key in the ignition without popping a fuse?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably the infamous Power Distribution Center failure. But kinda hard to say for sure.

What happen if you pull the fuse or the relay for the Wiper?

Old 08-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Jim51
Cool

Could it be a relay inside the power distribution centre sticking? I was thinking it must be temperature related because the wipers start up in the evenings after the sun goes down.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 PM
cpttuna
Amateur

check out my thread above yours. I had this happen twice. My wiprers are now wired straight.

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers pozessed