Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Grand Caravan 2008 Winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 PM
alarbab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Grand Caravan 2008 Winter tires

Hi

I am new to dodge vans, I bought grand caravan 2008 with tires size 225/65/R16, but today when I purchased a new winter tires I discovered that the new tires size is 215/65/R16. is this going to affect my van performance by any means .

thanks

Old 11-01-2013, 12:54 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Performance should be okay, But your tire pressure lamp may come on for low tire pressure. And thats not going to hurt the van either.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Town
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the smaller size winter tire is a Dodge issue. My son's 2012 Van also has the 225/65R16 stock size for summer (all season) tires and winter tires. Some people and tire dealers prefer a narrower winter tire on the basis it will dig into snow and slush for better traction. This is a good idea for replacing low profile "summer" tires. It appears your tire dealer is one of those people, but I think he should have explained his reasoning to you so that you could make an informed decision.

Your smaller winter tires will use the same tire pressure, but your speedometer will be off by a minuscule amount and the load index will be slightly lower. Probably no real performance issue.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Dodge Grand Caravan 2008 Winter tires