Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2006 GC AC/Heat not maintaining temps.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Shelbyguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 GC AC/Heat not maintaining temps.

Started having problems this past summer with the AC. Would set both passenger and driver temps to lowest setting and would cool the van fairly quickly and then every once in a while the driver side vents would blow out hot air for about five to ten seconds while the passenger side would still be blowing cold air. Now in the fall as the outside temps require heat, I'm having similar problems. Set both sides to high and that seems to work until it starts getting too hot so I drop down 1 step from high which is 85 on the display and it used to get just a tiny bit cooler, now it seems to drop ten to fifteen degrees. Not very cold outside air but just a big jump where I'm going to have to go back to high again. Any ideas where to look first? Seems like it would be a faulty thermostat. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

You may want to have the HVAC system checked for codes. You could have a blend door not operating correctly.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Shelbyguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: 2006 GC AC/Heat not maintaining temps.